Friday, March 1, 2013

Touch & Go

Lisa Gardner


This is my family: Vanished without a trace…

Justin and Libby Denbe have the kind of life that looks good in the pages of a glossy magazine. A beautiful fifteen-year old daughter, Ashlyn. A gorgeous brownstone on a tree-lined street in Boston’s elite Back Bay neighborhood. A great marriage, admired by friends and family. A perfect life.

This is what I know: Pain has a flavor…

When investigator Tessa Leoni arrives at the crime scene in the Denbes’ home, she finds scuff marks on the floor and Taser confetti in the foyer. The family appears to have been abducted, with only a pile of their most personal possessions remaining behind. No witnesses, no ransom demands, no motive. Just an entire family, vanished without a trace.

This is what I fear: The worst is yet to come…

Tessa knows better than anyone that even the most perfect facades can hide the darkest secrets. Now she must race against the clock to uncover the Denbes’ innermost dealings, a complex tangle of friendships and betrayal, big business and small sacrifices. Who would want to kidnap such a perfect little family? And how far would such a person be willing to go?

This is the truth: Love, safety, family…it is all touch and go (synopsis and cover image via Netgalley)

 

My Thoughts 

This is the first book I have ever read by Lisa Gardner. Is that not sheer craziness? Why have I gone this long without reading her books?

Now because of Touch & Go, I am now very interested in reading her other novels. This book started off running and did not quit until the very end. It really did keep me guessing. I had a love/hate relationship with a few of the characters. Who was really good and who was really bad? I like when an author can do this with a storyline and I must say, Ms. Gardner handled it quite well.

I thank Dutton Adult and Netgalley for allowing me to read this in exchange for an unbiased review. I am grateful for the introduction to Ms. Gardner’s writing.

Publish date: February 5, 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment