Sunday, August 4, 2013

Winter In Full Bloom



Anita Higman



Lily Winter's wings are folded so tightly around her daughter that when empty nest arrives, she feels she can no longer fly. But Lily's lonely, widowed life changes in a heartbeat when she goes to visit a woman who is almost a stranger to her-a woman who also happens to be her mother. During their fiery reunion, her mother reveals a dark family secret that she'd been hiding for decades-Lily has an identical twin sister who was put up for adoption when they were just babies.

Without looking back, Lily-with her fear of flying-boards a jumbo jet and embarks on a quest to find her sister which leads half way around the world to Melbourne, Australia. Befriended by imprudent Ausie, he might prove to be the key to finding her sister. But her journey becomes a circle that leads her back home to attempt a family reunion and to find the one dream she no longer imagined possible-the chance to fall in love again (from Netgalley).

 

My Thoughts

I like when a book surprises me, and this is one that did. I did not realized when I picked this up that is was a Christian based story. This has a very nice message about faith. Lily’s life is not without struggles and I like how she used her beliefs to help her get through them.

This is definitely a heart-warming, feel good tale. The author does not overwhelm us with the religious aspect of it, but nicely interweaves that part throughout the story. Sometimes, I just want an uplifting, positive book to read and this one certainly fit the bill.

I’d like to thank Moody Publishers, via Netgalley, for allowing me to read this in exchange for an unbiased review.

Publish date: July 19, 2013.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing a lesser known title and your review. I had never heard of this book but it sounds really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a new author for me too. I am interested in reading more of her books.

      Delete
  2. I'm intrigued! Added to my "to read" pile. :)

    ReplyDelete