Sunday, April 14, 2013

Tuesday's Gone 

Nicci French

In Tuesday’s Gone, a London social worker makes a routine home visit only to discover her client, Michelle Doyce, serving afternoon tea to a naked, decomposing corpse. With no clues as to the dead man’s identity, Chief Inspector Karlsson again calls upon Frieda for help. She discovers that the body belongs to Robert Poole, con man extraordinaire. But Frieda can’t shake the feeling that the past isn’t done with her yet. Did someone kill Poole to embroil her in the investigation? And if so, is Frieda herself the next victim? (from Netgalley)


My Thoughts

I really like the main character Frieda Klein. She has a dogged determination. She sees clues that others miss and has an interesting way to connect the dots. She wouldn’t give up even when everyone else thought the original case was an open and closed deal. She has a kind, troubled heart and cares a great deal for the people in her life.

I did not read the first book of this series and don’t feel that this kept me from enjoying book two. Although I like this one so much that I probably will read book one. I’m very interested in continuing to read this series. There was a nice little cliff hanger that certainly has me interested in book three.

Thanks to Penguin Group/Viking, via Netgalley, for allowing me to read this in exchange for an unbiased review.

Publish date: April 4, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment