Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Eternity CureBlood of Eden: Book 2

by Julie Kagawa



How do you face the end of eternity?

In Allison Sekemoto's world, there is one rule left: Blood calls to blood

She has done the unthinkable: died so that she might continue to live. Cast out of Eden and separated from the boy she dared to love, Allie will follow the call of blood to save her creator, Kanin, from the psychotic vampire Sarren. But when the trail leads to Allie's birthplace in New Covington, what Allie finds there will change the world forever-and possibly end human and vampire existence.

There's a new plague on the rise, a strain of the Red Lung virus that wiped out most of humanity generations ago-and this strain is deadly to humans and vampires alike. The only hope for a cure lies in the secrets Kanin carries, if Allie can get to him in time.

Allison thought that immortality was forever. But now, with eternity itself hanging in the balance, the lines between human and monster will blur even further, and Allie must face another choice she could never have imagined having to make. (from Netgalley)

My Thoughts

The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden #1) was one of my most favorite books of 2012 and it has been a long painful wait for book #2.

Well, I’m hear to tell you, it was well worth the wait. The Eternity Cure was better than I could have ever imagined. This story has twist and turns, moments that made me gasp and times when I held my breath. It has that fun mix of characters you love to love and characters you love to hate.

It would be impossible not to cheer for Allie - sweet, determined, feisty - always fighting the inner monster of being a vampire, who just so happens to be in love with a human named Zeke. Is it even possible for their relationship to work out? And who wouldn't fall in love with Zeke - committed and fearless. I like Kanin for his integrity and common sense. I was oddly attached to Jackal. For some reason, I found his sarcastic wit endearing.

I must say, this book flew by way too fast. Ms. Kagawa has a way of pulling the reader into the story and making it where you don't want to put it down. This was excellent! I am really looking forward to continuing the journey of this very entertaining story.

Many, many thanks to Harlequin, via Netgalley, for allowing me to read this in exchange for an unbiased review.

Publish date: April 30, 2013

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lisa did that ending kill you or what..i cannot wait for book three. Did you read the novella? It's in Till the World Ends.

    ReplyDelete