Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Father, Son, Stone

Allan H. Goodman

Father, Son, Stone blends history and mystery to reveal the secret of the most controversial religious site in Jerusalem - known to Jews as the Temple Mount and to Muslims as the Noble Sanctuary.

In the year 2035, a grandfather and his grandson enter the Dome of the Rock on the Temple Mount. The grandfather, speaking Arabic, tells his grandson why Jews no longer pray at the Western Wall.

The grandfather's story begins in 1967 during the Six-Day War, with three Israeli paratroopers fighting in the battle for Jerusalem. The tale continues fifty years later, in 2017, after a catastrophic event near the Temple Mount brings together the same three men - now the Prime Minister of Israel, a Justice of the Supreme Court of Israel, and a Mossad agent. As the crisis unfolds, the three seek to discover the reason behind mysterious events that occurred on the Temple Mount during the Six-Day War. The truth, when finally revealed, changes Jerusalem, and the people who live there, forever(from Netgalley)

My Thoughts

This piece of historical fiction has to do with the Jewish capture of the Temple Mount and it’s immediate return to the Waqf.

I know nothing about the Jewish or Muslim faith. From a historical perspective, I found this book to be very educational. I liked the fictional piece the author added to give the story a personal feel. What I came away with after reading this book is that we are all the same - we love, we struggle, we mourn the loss of loved ones and we are proud of our heritage.

I wasn’t sure where this book was going to take me when I first started reading. I’m glad I decided to finish it, as it was well written and informative.

Thanks to Smith Publicity, via Netgalley, for allowing me to read this in exchange for an unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment