Friday, June 12, 2015

The Ice Twins

S.K. Tremayne



One of Sarah's daughters died. But can she be sure which one?

A year after one of their identical twin daughters, Lydia, dies in an accident, Angus and Sarah Moorcroft move to the tiny Scottish island Angus inherited from his grandmother, hoping to put together the pieces of their shattered lives.
But when their surviving daughter, Kirstie, claims they have mistaken her identity--that she, in fact, is Lydia--their world comes crashing down once again.
As winter encroaches, Angus is forced to travel away from the island for work, Sarah is feeling isolated, and Kirstie (or is it Lydia?) is growing more disturbed. When a violent storm leaves Sarah and her daughter stranded, they are forced to confront what really happened on that fateful day. (from Netgalley)

My Thoughts

Sarah and Angus are married and have identical twin daughters, Lydia and Kirstie. Lydia dies in a tragic accident. Or does she?

Early on in this story, Sarah is talking to Kirstie. Out of the blue, Kirstie says “Mummy, why do you keep calling me Kirstie? I’m Lydia.” And from that moment on, the reader is in for one heck of a roller coaster ride.

This book is the perfect example of why I love to read. To get sucked into a story early on and not want to let it go. There are so many twists and turns - who’s telling the truth and who’s not, is the little girl Lydia or Kirstie. What happened on the night she died? Is the island they moved to haunted or is what Sarah experiences just the aftermath of the traumatic loss of a daughter?

I thought this plot was ingenious. I have know idea how someone can come up with a story like this, but I’m sure glad S.K. Tremayne did. Hands down my most favorite book of 2015, and believe me, I’ve read some good ones this year.

Many thanks to Grand Central Publishing, via Netgalley, for allowing me to reaf this in exchange for an unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment