Sunday, February 1, 2015

 
 
 






The Great Zoo of China
Matthew Reilly



It is a secret the Chinese government has been keeping for forty years. They have found a species of animal no one believed even existed. It will amaze the world. Now the Chinese are ready to unveil their astonishing discovery within the greatest zoo ever constructed. A small group of VIPs and journalists has been brought to the zoo deep within China to see its fabulous creatures for the first time. Among them is Dr. Cassandra Jane “CJ” Cameron, a writer for National Geographic and an expert on reptiles. The visitors are assured by their Chinese hosts that they will be struck with wonder at these beasts, that they are perfectly safe, and that nothing can go wrong. Of course it can’t…(from Netgalley)



My Thoughts

CJ Cameron and her brother have been invited to see the Grat Zoo of China. She is aa expert on reptiles and he is a photographer. The Chinese are ready to overcome the USA for having what they are selling as the world’s best amusement site, housing a creature with a mythical past. Their biggest goal is to become better than Disney! What exactly do the Chines have that is so outstanding?


The action starts from the beginning and is relentless until the very end. If CJ and her group didn’t have bad luck, they would have had no luck at all. As things in the zoo rapidly fall apart, the group must fight for survival. Fortunately, CJ is one smart cookie who is able to keep her wits about her and think with a level head.

No one was more thrilled than me when this book turned out to have some similarities to Jurassic Park - one of my most favorite movies. I loved the premise, the setting and the characters. Mr. Reilly really know how to write a thriller - my heart was frequently racing. This my first book to read from this author. I now who to turn to when I am looking for a story that will keep me on the edge of my seat.

My thanks to Gallery Threshold Pocket Books, via Netgalley, for allowing me to read this in exchange for an unbiased review.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment