Tuesday, October 7, 2014

You

Caroline Kepnes

Love hurts…

When aspiring writer Guinevere Beck strides into the East Village bookstore where Joe works, he’s instantly smitten. Beck is everything Joe has ever wanted: She’s gorgeous, tough, razor-smart, and as sexy as his wildest dreams.

Beck doesn’t know it yet, but she’s perfect for him, and soon she can’t resist her feelings for a guy who seems custom made for her. But there’s more to Joe than Beck realizes, and much more to Beck than her oh-so-perfect façade. Their mutual obsession quickly spirals into a whirlwind of deadly consequences (from Netgalley)

My Thoughts

This a story about stalking, told from the perspective of the stalker.

At the very beginning I was really struggling with this book. I did not like Joe - he was just too weird, too cocky, too into himself. Then, something happened (I can’t tell) that made me want to continue reading. THEN, when it did not end the way I thought it should have, I was really PO’d.
 
The more I thought about it, the more I decided this was actually a well written novel. I think it’s a good thing when the author doesn’t give me the status quo ending, even if it does make me mad. There was something oddly entertaining about this story and I’m glad I stuck with it.

Thanks to Atria Books, via Netgalley, for allowing me to read this in exchange for an unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment