Thursday, February 13, 2014

Under Your Skin

Sabine Durrant



In this page-turning debut from talented crime writer Sabine Durrant, a woman makes a chilling discovery in the woods that changes her life forever.

When clever, pretty, successful Gaby Mortimer discovers the dead body of a young woman near her house, she has no idea that her apparently happy, secure, charmed life is about to go into sickening freefall—and that soon she will be living by the mantra of the police detective investigating the murder case: ABC: Assume Nothing, Believe No One, Check Everything (from Netgalley)

My Thoughts

From the outside, Gaby Mortimer’s life looks pretty good - good job, successful husband, loving daughter. But the true story comes out quickly once she discovers the body of a young woman who has been murdered.

This is a “who done it” mystery at it’s best. I got sucked in immediately. And while I would not call the story fast paced, it was a page turner that I could not put down. There are so many possible suspects that the ending caught me totally off guard. I just love when that happens.

If this is what we can expect fro Ms. Durrnant, I’m in. A wonderful debut!

Many thanks to Atria, via Netgallet, for allowing me to read this in exchange for an unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment