Sunday, September 15, 2013

Envy

Sandra Brown



Living on a remote island under an assumed name, novelist Parker Evans guards his secrets well. Fascinated by this reclusive genius, publisher Maris Matherly-Reed decides to pursue him. But this new project threatens an old commitment, a commitment at the very center of her life. Envy has all the ingredients of a Sandra Brown beach read bestseller. (from Goodreads)


My Thoughts
This was a fast paced tale that hooked me right from the start. I liked the plot twist and not knowing who was going to end up being a good guy or a bad guy (or girl). It seemed everyone was out to screw - literally and figuratively - Maris. Fortunately, she’s not quite as stupid as she sometimes came across. The real issue was - who exactly could she trust?

It’s been awhile since I’ve read a Sandra Brown novel and this was a good choice to bring me back into the fold. She has quite a talent for keeping the reader guessing and writing with just the right amount of suspense. I couldn’t read this fast enough to see if Noah - Maris’s husband - was going to be successful in his evil deed or if someone would take him down.

I’m glad I picked this book up to remind me of Ms. Brown’s talent. I have no doubt I’ll be reading more of her books.

My thanks to Grand Central Publishing, via Netgalley, for allowing me to read this in exchange for an unbiased review.

Publish date: 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment