Thursday, December 27, 2012

White Horse (White Horse #1)

by Alex Adams

THE WORLD HAS ENDED, BUT HER JOURNEY HAS JUST BEGUN.

Thirty-year-old Zoe leads an ordinary life until the end of the world arrives. She is cleaning cages and floors at Pope Pharmaceuticals when the president of the United States announces that human beings are no longer a viable species. When Zoe realizes that everyone she loves is disappearing, she starts running. Scared and alone in a shockingly changed world, she embarks on a remarkable journey of survival and redemption. Along the way, Zoe comes to see that humans are defined not by their genetic code, but rather by their actions and choices. White Horse offers hope for a broken world, where love can lead to the most unexpected places(synopsis and book cover from Netgalley)
 

My Thoughts:

I quite enjoyed this book. Zoe is a strong main character and the story revolves around her life both pre and post apocalypse.

White Horse is the term given by the media for a Pope Pharmaceutical experiment gone terribly wrong - the result of an attempt to cure cancer that ends up decimating humanity. Most everyone dies, some are immune and then there are the horrible mutations who know doubt wish they were dead.

A wonderful debut by Ms. Adams. Fast paced, lovely prose, a well written good vs evil. A strong outing for the first book of a trilogy. I am anxiously awaiting the next two. At this point, I would say I am not interested in being a post - apocalyptic survivor. I am curious to see how the author continues to handle this story line and whether I will change my mind.

Thank you to Atria/Emily Bestler Books and Netgalley for allowing me to read this in exchange for an unbiased review.

Publish date: December 18. 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment